As we promised to personalize all pre-installed apps in Windows 8 operating system. Hence, we are on the way to personalize all pre-installed apps in Windows 8. This time its Windows 8 Reader App.
The Windows 8 Reader App is new metro style app, it’s ready to go. With one click, you can easily browse your PDF documents exactly like we use Adobe Reader in Windows 7, or previous versions. But now you don’t need any PDF document reader. Microsoft has already installed Reader app in Windows 8, which allows to explore or browse your PDF documents easily.
Windows Reader App launches in full-screen mode similar to other Metro apps.
How To Use Windows 8 Reader App:
All you need to do is login with your Windows live account and access Windows 8 reader app. Then, browse the desired PDF format document from PC. Now move ahead with your Task. Once you are done with the task and then close the Windows 8 Reader app.
Also, check out our post on Windows 8 Finance App.
Key Features Windows 8 reader app:
- Available with three reading modes: One page, Two page and continuous view.
- Easy navigation for one page and two page.
- You can Zoom in (Ctrl + -) and zoom out (Ctrl + +) pages.
- You can find in document or search for any text.
- You can easily rotate the document in 360 degree.
- You can take a print out of your document.
- You can add notes and highlights
- You can view off the file size and time & date of creation.
However, one thing I did not like about Windows 8 reader app is that you can not edit documents in the app, and also rotational changes does not get saved.
This is a pretty awesome reader app for Windows 8 that works faster than Adobe Reader as per my experiences. Go ahead and try out the built-in Windows 8 PDF viewer. It provides a good desktop experience.