Make Free Calls, Messages With Viber For Windows 8
In this article, we talk about Viber
Viber offers crystal clear call quality over an internet connection that doesn’t need to be superfast. Being lightweight and smooth, it’s a good app for Windows 8 devices. So let’s get into the details and process of operation of Viber!
Setting up Viber
- Head over to the Viber app in the Windows Store by clicking on the link provided at the end of this article.
- Click Install when the app page loads up.
- When you launch the app, you will be presented with a screen like the below screenshot.
- If you have Viber installed on your mobile device, click Yes, else No.
- Whether you have Viber installed or not, you will be asked to enter your mobile number in the next screen and choose your country. If you already have Viber, your Viber contacts will be synced from your mobile device into this app automatically. If you don’t have Viber, you will receive a verification code on the number that you enter, and will be asked to enter the code in the app.
- Congrats! You have successfully configured Viber now by following the above steps!
Once Viber is installed on your device and you have set it up, you will be presented with your profile page whenever you launch the app from next time onwards. Since I already had Viber on my device, I got my Viber contacts automatically synced to my device.
As you can see above, my Recent conversations appear above, even though I haven’t made any calls. How is this possible? This is because I had Viber installed on my Android device and Viber for Windows 8 synced up all this information. Do note that if your contacts doesn’t have any names, their numbers will show up (which I have blurred in the above screenshot in view of protecting privacy). Otherwise as you can see above, names appear. You can view all Recent interactions, or Contacts etc., by clicking on the View all button at the end of each category. If you scroll to the right, you can create groups or see previously created groups. When you choose any contact, you get the option to either message or voice call them.
As you can see above, Viber for Windows 8 supports stickers as well. In the above screen, I’ve placed an outgoing call to my friend. You can see in the top right corner that it shows Calling, and even so at the left pane where I can see the profile picture and the name of the friend whom I’m calling. You can end a call, mute the mic etc., from the left pane; basically access all the call controls.
Coming back to the main screen of the app, you can also dial numbers for people whom you know are on Viber using the dial pad, else you can call them using Viber Out which is a paid service. To access the dial pad, come to the main screen, scroll to the extreme right and click on keypad.
Upon clicking Keypad, you will be presented with a dial pad.
You can either send a text or make a call, all you have to do is choose the country at the top and keys in the number, and select the appropriate option. Apart from this, there are several other options in the main screen, like Compose (allows you to send a text to your contacts) and Share Viber (allows you to share a link of Viber on the app store to your Facebook account), which you can use if required.
This pretty much winds up the working of this app in broad terms. I do hope that you are going to enjoy using Viber on Windows 8!