Windows 8 Control Panel
Also read out our post on Customize Windows 8 Desktop Screen.
Tabs in Windows 8 Control Panel
- PC Sync Tab is the new, additional feature in Windows 8 control panel. Customize synchronization of data across your PC and other connected devices is now possible. In settings, you can switch on/off the PC Sync and select the different items which you wish to sync. E.g. Installed applications, Windows explorer, Language preferences, Themes, etc.
- Unlike, the previous version of Windows in which connected devices were displayed in Hardware and sound windows, now all the connected devices will be shown under Devices Tab. Remove option will be available for each device to unplug it from the system.
- Ease of Access Tab can be used for switching between high and low contrast display. By default, the background of the Metro based UI and traditional windows explorer will be white.
- Send Tab similar to a sharing window, will be used to customize the history settings, and select applications for sending pane.
- Share Tab includes the basis system native share utility options. Share Tab comes up with settings for hiding user applications, deleting share history, and changing the number of items in history.
- Control panel now has a customized Search tab which allows you to toggle search history, delete search keywords, and select apps to keep in the search pane.
- General settings Tab will include touch keyboard settings, Refresh PC and PC utilities options.
- Privacy Tab will let us set basic privacy settings such as allow apps to use location, use name, picture etc.
- Wireless Tab will display the list of current and previously connected networks where as under Notifications tab we can allow/disallow app notifications.
- Personalize and users tab will be quite similar as in previous versions.