The Hacker News App:
The Hacker News App is an interesting News app available in Windows Store. Read the latest news and discussions on: technology and entrepreneurship. View comments and discussions also on these news articles in the app itself. Let’s have a detailed look about this Windows 8 news app.
The Hacker News app interface looks as shown above. There are various categories like: home, new, best submission, active discussions, classic view, ask hacker news, best comments, new comments, and FAQ.
- Home: This category shows all the news of Hacker News home page.
- New: Get the latest hacker news in this section. This section keeps you updated on the hot news from Hacker.
- Best Submission: In this section, the best rated news on Hacker news website are displayed here.
- Active Discussions: This category shows the ongoing active discussions on hacker website.
- Classic View: Get the classic view on Hacker News.
- Ask Hacker News: This category shows all the questions asked.
- Best Comments: This category shows all the best rated comments on Hacker news.
- New Comments: In this category you can see, the new comments posted on Hacker news.
If you want to search for any category of news on Hacker news, then press Windows + Q and type in your search (as shown below). To open the original news website click on the arrow mark located on top right of the app.
Features of This Windows 8 News App:
The features of this Windows 8 news app are:
- The Hacker News app is free.
- Read social news on startup and technology.
- View news, discussions, and comments.
- Also view best comments and best discussions of Hacker News.
- Navigate to the news web page directly.
- The app can be used in Snap mode also.
Installing The Hacker News on Windows 8:
Open this Windows 8 Store link in Internet Explorer of Windows 8. From there you can navigate to the Windows Store directly to install the app on Windows 8.
I found an other Free Hacker news app in Windows Store but the interface is not as good as this one. So, keep yourself updated bout Hacker news using this Windows 8 news app. Also try: StumbleUpon App or Top Gear news App.