On launching Live Reader for the first time, you will be presented the following interface.
Adding Feeds To Live Reader Windows 8 RSS Reader App:
- You will find a button stating ‘Add Feed URL’; click on it and a textbox will pop-up on the top-left section.
- Next, you need to type the RSS/Atom feed URL in the textbox and click on ‘add’ button.
- Then after a bit of processing a new button will be added on the home screen with a name fetched from the Feed URL provided by you.
- You can now click on that button and browse the latest posts from the site. Next, you can click on particular entry for further reading.
- At the end of the post you will find ‘View Article in Website’ button to open that page in default web browser.
More On Live Reader Windows 8 RSS Reader App:
- On the home screen exists the button to search the RSS feeds. Soon after which a small panel containing search box will appear on the screen. Then you require typing the phrase or keyword followed by a click on ‘search button’. Next, the matching results will be fetched for you. Now, click on particular entry to read page content.
- Upon right-clicking, a the horizontal panel will emerge at the bottom of application window. It contains a ‘hide icons’ button, which can be utilized for hiding those extra set of controls i.e. only, the icons representing the included RSS feeds will be visible. On another click; it will toggle and extras will become visible.
- To set the frequency for refreshing RSS feeds you will need to activate Windows Charms and select settings >> ‘Live Reader Settings’. There you will find a slider that can be adjusted as per requirement. (The app does not runs in background).
- All you need is to open this link in supported browser. (IE 10 or later)
- Then click on ‘View in Windows Store’ button followed by a click on ‘Install’ button after being redirected.
* Live Reader Windows 8 RSS Reader App is only 1.02 MB in size and requires permission to access your Internet connection.
Live Reader Windows 8 RSS Reader delivers you a very nice user experience and no bug was detected on its evaluation. You can consider giving it a try.