Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to add classic control
However, in case you are not so comfortable in such a time consuming process, then, you can follow the below given simple steps to add the classic old control panel in Windows 8.
Lets get started:
How To Add The Old Control Panel In Windows 8 Metro Start Screen:
- First of all, you are required to create a shortcut on the Windows 8 desktop screen. Hence, just go onto the desktop and right-click ? “Shortcut”.
- Now, you will be soon asked the domicile of the shortcut that you have just created. Just type the below given code:
- Allot a name to the shortcut you have just created. For example: I chose to allot “Old Control Panel” as my shortcut name.
- Yupp…you have successfully create a shortcut onto the desktop. Now, just right-click on the shortcut.
- From the available popup menu, you need to choose “Properties”
- This will instantly open a dialogue box. You need to click on “Change Icon”.
- Now just copy paste the below given code inside the available text box:
- Click “Ok” once done.
- This will bring you different types of icons. Just select the control panel icon from among the many displayed ones and click on “Ok”.
- Click “Ok” again and go onto the new created shortcut and right-click over it. From the popup menu, just select “Pin to Start”.
- All done…there you are. Just take a look over the Windows 8 Metro start screen. You will find the old control panel in Windows 8 metro start screen. Take a look:
You can also check out more Windows 8 Tutorials posted by us.