Windows 8 Instagram App: Instagram Live
The Instagram Live Windows 8 app lets you find popular images, popular tags, and locations in a very convenient manner. If you aim at exploring some quality Instagram content then it is perhaps the best option try. Anyhow, as already mentioned that the application won’t be providing any functionality related to account management.
On launching this free Windows 8 Instagram app, you will be taken to the window with similar interface.
More About This Windows 8 Instagram App:
The main screen has been divided into various section like popular tags, popular images, random image and image by location. On clicking on each you will be able to view different kind of images.
- Popular images: This shows many popular images from Instagram in block format.
- Popular tags: On clicking on this button you will be taken to a new windows showing all popular Instagram tags. You can then click on one to view images.
- Random image: As the name suggests, you will be shown any random image picked from database of Instagram.
- Image by location: You will be taken to a new window with bird’s eye view of the world map. There you can click on any dot and view image from any region of the world. I was not able to find images for many regions of the world.
Have a look on the points placed below:
- No option to manage your own Instagram account.
- The images appear in random manner.
- I was not able to find any search box on the interface.
- To install Instagram Live, you will have to open this link in IE 10 or later.
- On the webpage, click on ‘View in Windows Store’ button placed in left hand side. On doing so you will be redirected to the app overview window in Windows Store.
- Next, click on ‘Install’ button and wait a while for this 4.91 MB application to download/install on your machine.
The overall impression of this Windows 8 Instagram app was just OK. It being able to show random Instagram images does not deliver me sufficient reason for installing it. Maybe! when I have come time to kill …