Windows 8 Task Manager
This task manager is bit amazing with all new aspect of Windows 8. Still we except something more blooming from Windows 8 task manager like a great quote, Unlimited wants with limited resources.
Normally, when you access Windows 8 task manager, its shows the apps which are currently processing on your PC.
To extend it to categorized Windows 8 task manager, click on “More Details” to expand different categories in Windows 8, Such as:
- App history
Guide To Windows 8 Task Manager:
- Processes tab shows only CPU and Memory usage.
- Windows 8 task manager involves two complementary columns as well, Disk and Network.
- Disk and network tab maintains the processes and running applications.
- This tab also keeps check for background processes and windows processes.
Also, check out our post on how to add users in Windows 8.
- The performance tab shows the graphical lines, which enables detailed information of CPU, disk, Memory, and Ethernet/network/Wi-Fi usage.
- It also provides an extra information on selected elements like CPU, Network, Memory and Disk.
- For an instance, I clicked on Network, it displayed sending and receiving packets with IPv4 and IPv6 address.
- It also displays the network type whether its Wi-fi or Ethernet connection.
- App history is a new edition In Windows 8 task manager.
- Shows the total resources that have been used by different apps.
- Enables you to delete usage history.
- In startup tab, you can easily manage application, which launches on startup of your PC.
- You can even enable and disable apps on startup of your Windows.
- Users tabs shows the login member with CPU, Memory, Disk and Network usage.
- Details tab is similar to processes tab on Windows 7.
- Here, you can view a collection of users and system initiated processes.
- You even terminate any task, by right clicking and selecting end task.
- You can even set the priority level.
- You can also check properties with detail tab.
- Service tabs list all passive and active Windows services.
- It shows the group, status, description and process id.
Windows 8 task manager plays a great role in extending Windows 8 to new console. Overall the specification and task are fulfilled by Windows 8, still there would be few expectations on Windows 8 still lacking between different users.