Here is short step-by-step tutorial for How
The Windows 8 picture password feature will not replace the original text password but it will be available as an option with the text password. Once the picture password in Windows 8 is set, it will be used as the default login option but user can always switch back to the text password option through a link provided right there. Nice addition to Windows 8 features.
How To Set Windows 8 Picture Password:
- Open control panel by clicking on the “control panel” tile on the Metro UI screen.
- Click “Users” in the control panel items list on the left side of the screen. Click “Create a picture password” on the right side of the screen.
- Window will verify your current text password before creating a picture password. Enter your current password and click OK.
- You will see the picture password welcome screen. Click “choose picture”.
- Now you need to draw 3 gestures. You can use any combination of taps, circles or straight lines. Remember the order in which you make the gestures.
- You are required to repeat the same set of gestures two times for the confirmation of your picture password.
- Once done, you will see the congratulations screen that will confirm the successful setting of your picture password.
- You can use your picture password next time you log in to Windows.
Also check out a quick tutorial for How to Backup File history in Windows 8 reviewed by us.