Microsoft has finally given the unique Windows 8 Store to install Windows 8 apps from. And yeah…no one would ever want to disable this amazing Windows
Well…in any case, I would never disable my favorite Windows 8 feature and would never recommend anyone to execute such a blunder. Now, if the reasons are unavoidable, then check out the steps on how to disable Windows 8 Store.
How To Disable Windows 8 Store:
- Press “Windows Key+R Key” to open up the run box
- Type “gpedit.msc” and press “Enter”
- Now, dig down into “User Configuration ? Administrative Templates ? Windows Components”
- Under the Windows Components, select Settings for the Windows “Store”
- Under the “Store?Settings” column, there is an option to turn off the Store, available at the right-side. Just Double-Click on the same.
- Now, just switch “Radio” button from “Not Configured” to “Enabled”, click “Ok” once done
- To take this action into effect, you are required to enforce the updated policy. Press Windows Key+R Key to open the run box. In the run box, type “gpupdate /force”, and click on “OK”.
- Once you are done with the above given steps, your Windows Store will get disabled and now when you go onto Windows Store, you will get a message as “Windows Store isn’t available on this PC.”
Do not miss out our post on Best Windows 8 Post selected from the last week’s ones.
Yup…you are done. You have successfully disabled Windows 8 App Store. Go ahead and try it out, only if you have no other option except disabling it.