How To Add Apps In Metro UI Menu Screen
Finally people have installed the Windows 8 operating system and most of them have already went around through all the defaults apps available in the al new Windows
Here is a short step by step guide on How To add apps in Windows 8 Metro UI Menu.
How To Add Apps In Metro UI Menu Screen —
- First of all, search for the app that you want to add in the menu. For this, just start typing the name of the app that you want to add onto the Metro UI menu screen. For Eg. I looked for Avast Antivirus:
- When the searched app (Avast Antivirus in my case) label appear on the “Search Apps” screen, right-click on it. You will see that the searched app has been framed with a border along with a white check mark in the corner of the framed app. Also, you will notice the two options (Uninstall and Pin) given at the lower right-side of the screen:
- Click on “Pin” given at the lower right –corner of the screen.
- Now, press the “Windows Key” on your Keyboard to go back to the Windows 8 Metro UI main menu screen and there you are.
- You will find the Avast Antivirus app added on the menu screen at the far right corner:
- Likewise, you can add any app to the Metro UI menu. The newly pinned apps you will add to the Metro UI menu, all of them will be located at the far right corner by default. However, you can easily rearrange the location as per your likings and requirements.
Do not miss our post on Disable Metro Interface In Windows 8.