Since the day Microsoft has announced Windows 8 OS, developers have started upgrading their software to Windows 8 compatibility. And, this free office software works perfectly well on Windows 8 system. You can create a new document, save a document, or modify an existing document. No single penny is charged while accessing all these features of this free office for Windows 8. Yup.. you read it right. The software is supported by The Apache Software Foundation and they provide the software for free. You can download the office suite software in Windows 8 for free and no license fees is charged for using it.
The office productivity suite for Windows 8 is compatible to open and standardized ODF document format. Let me point out the main features of this free office software for Windows 8 below.
Also, check out our post on how to enable balloon notification in Windows 8.
Key Features Of This Free Office Software For Windows 8:
- Lets you access features you expect from an official MS office suite.
- Comes up with create a new text document, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Drawing, Database modules, and more.
- Lets you create a new document, save a document, or modify an existing document.
- Free from any license charges.
- Compatible to open and standardized ODF document format.
How To Download Apache OpenOffice In Windows 8:
- Go on to the given link, on your Windows 8 system.
- Click on ‘Download Apache OpenOffice’ given in the very first column (in green color).
- Soon, you will find the software downloaded.
- Click on the downloaded file in order to install the software.
- Proceed with the installation steps to successfully install the free office software in Windows 8 and start using it.
In short, Apache OpenOffice is an excellent alternative to Microsoft Office that can be used free on your Windows 8 system. Go ahead and download this free office software now.