As you open this Wikipedia RSS Reader app for Windows 8, you will find all the three categories on the start page along with the last updated date. You need to select a category and click on it to read further. For e.g.: I clicked on “Wikipedia Featured Article” and it took me to a page where I could see a list of top 10 articles at the left side of the screen and the article content at the right. Now, if you right-click anywhere on the screen, you will see an option ‘Full View’ which will let you view the currently opened article in a full screen mode.
This is not over.. each article contains different links and if you click on it, it will open up all the info related to that term. Let me quickly point out the main features of this Windows 8 Wikipedia RSS Reader app below.
Features Of Wikipedia RSS Reader app for Windows 8:
- Brings you all Wikipedia updates in different categories.
- There are three different categories including “Wikipedia Featured Article”, “ Wikipedia On this Day…” feed, and “Wikipedia Picture of the Day feed”.
- Each category shows the last updated date.
- Each category comes with top 10 articles to read.
- Lets you read in full screen mode.
- All the articles contain links which take you to Wikipedia page opening the info related to that term.
- It’s a free Windows 8 app.
Well.. the app is fine if you want to go through the updates that Wikipedia comes with, in the given three categories. The interface is as simple as the website itself.
How To Install Wikipedia RSS Reader App In Windows 8:
Go onto the Windows 8 app store and search for ‘Wikipedia RSS Reader” and proceed with further downloading steps. Soon you will find the app installed on your Windows 8 Start Screen.
In short, Wikipedia RSS Reader app for Windows 8 is a good utility app as you can easily get Wikipedia updates, without touching any browser. Go ahead and download Wikipedia RSS Reader app now.