With Khan Academy installed on your PC, books start appearing quite old school. What’s the point in studying the hard way when you can learn things on auto-pilot mode? The main emphasis of Khan Academy Windows 8 app is on subjects like Math, Science, Humanities, Finance & Economics, and Talks & Interviews. Relevant videos are included for each and presented in a very interesting manner. The interactive videos aim at educating instead of formalities.
Features Of Windows 8 Studying App:
- Easy downloads i.e. you are just not restricted to watching. You can download all videos/playlists on your PC.
- The app allows you to easily search and share videos by utilizing the Windows charms bar.
- Khan Academy implements a credit system under which registered users are awarded virtual credits for watching videos. It also helps students in tracking progress made by them.
- You can watch videos on your TV. ( PlayTo enabled device connected in the network)
Getting Started With Khan Academy On Windows 8:
Visit the Windows 8 app store and search for Khan Academy (press ‘Win+Q’ to open the Search Charm). Once you have located the app click on the thumbnail and then on the introduction page, click on ‘Install’ button. This Windows 8 studying app only demands the permission to access your internet connection. Existing users can perform quick login to their Khan Academy account or connect Via Google or Facebook. Login is not mandatory, but recommended for keeping track of lessons taken by you and for gaining credits. Finding free online video tutorials is easy where you need to:
- Press ‘windows + C’ to open charms bar.
- Then select ‘Search’ from there.
- Next, you will be presented a textbox, which can be utilized for entering keywords. As you type the list of videos will get populated beneath it.
- Now, select the video and start watching it.
The more systematic way would be to browse through the categories by clicking over subject name and then accessing the sub categories available under it. Now, all you need to do is to watch the online tutorial. As already told that learning with Khan Academy is quite fun. Hardly any effort is required. The best part is that you can play or replay videos as per your convenience. You can also refer to our post on 3 Free Windows 8 IQ Test Apps.
The Final Verdict:
Khan Academy is perhaps the best resource to get some high-quality, highly relevant, and very interesting video tutorials. Students and teacher are likely to be benefited from it. As per mine evaluation for Khan Academy Windows 8 app, I have no issues in recommending it. Give it a try and evaluate by yourself…