Before I get started with a review on Facebook Lite app for Windows 8, let me make it clear that it’s NOT an official Facebook App. Facebook
It lets you access your Facebook account without touching any browser. You can easily update your Facebook status, post comments, upload photos, view and send messages, check notifications, create events, initiate a text conversation, like status, comments, photos, view friends’ profiles, and more.. Well.. just like you normally access you Facebook account.
As you launch the app, it will first ask you to login to your Facebook account. Now, you will see your Facebook home page where you will see all the latest updates. The interesting part is its interface. This Facebook Client Windows 8 app comes with tile-based interface and you need to scroll towards the right, in order to view all the updates. You can either use the mouse wheel or the horizontal bar to scroll the screen. At the top, you will find options including Search, Events, Chat, Profile, and Refresh. Let me quickly point out the main features of this Facebook Client app for Windows 8 below.
Features Of Windows 8 Facebook Client App:
- Lets you access your Facebook account easily.
- Lets you update your Facebook status, post comments, upload photos, view and send messages, check notifications, create events, chat, ‘Like’, view friends’ profiles, and more..
- Easily access options such as Search, Events, Chat, Profile, and Refresh.
- Comes with tile-based interface.
- It’s a free Windows 8 app.
Well.. I really liked this Windows 8 Facebook Client app. No need to head over to the browser, just install it, login to your Facebook account, and just start accessing Facebook, in a more interesting way.
One thing that I really liked about this Facebook lite app is that as you closes the app, it automatically logout from your Facebook account. Now, the next time when you open up the app, it will again ask you to login. Now, that’s really cool!
How To Install Facebook Lite App In Windows 8:
- In order to install Facebook Lite in Windows 8, you need to head over to Windows 8 app store.
- Open the Windows 8’s Search Charm and type the name of the app i.e ‘Facebook Lite’ and press Enter.
- Go ahead and proceed with further downloading steps.
In short, Facebook Lite is a good utility Facebook client Windows 8 app where you can easily access your Facebook account without any disturbance. Go ahead and download Facebook Lite in Windows 8 now.