Map Distance app can be quite handy in research purposes and also for satisfying your curiosities related to distance between different places. This distance finder app for Windows 8 offers you the freedom to calculate approx. distance between any two places on the map. In addition, you can find the perimeter of any place as well.
On launching this distance finder app for Windows 8 you will be shown the world map and a few button in the bottom-left section of the interface.
The Windows 8 distance finder app supports three views ‘road’, ‘aerial’ and ‘bird’s view’. You can set the different views using the dropdown list placed on the top-left corner. On the top-right corner are ‘+’ and ‘-’ buttons which can be utilized for zooming-in and zooming-out.
Using Distance Finder App For Windows 8:
- In the bottom-left corner is the ‘Find me’ button which can be utilized for finding your current location on the map. Soon after clicking on the button you will be prompted to allow Map Distance application to access your location. You can click on ‘Allow’ button to proceed.
- In case you are interested in finding some other location then it will be a nice idea to click on ‘Search’ button and query Map Distance.
Now comes the turn to find distance between placed or to find perimeter of any region.
- Click on the map and a pointer will appear on the map.
- Next, you can click on other location of the map and a new pointer will appear with a line joining it with previous one. You can follow the road path and the distance covered will be displayed in the bottom bar.
- If you traced a wrong path then don’t worry, just click on ‘Remove Last’ button in bottom. In case, you want to do a completely new calculation then click on ‘Remove All’ button.
- Click on this link.
- Then click on ‘View in Windows Store’ button in left section of webpage.
- Click on ‘Install’ button to install Map Distance Finder app for Windows 8.
It must be noted that you cannot bet regarding the accuracy of the distance, but the approximations are quite correct. I tested this distance finder app for Windows 8 to calculate the distance between two localities. Amazingly, it turned out to be correct with a deviation of few meters.