As you type any domain name in your web browser, the computer resolves the friendly name into an IP address of the server to download the supporting files and required web page. Windows uses DNS (Domain name system) to check out this information.
Mainly the speed and performance of your Internet browsing is affected by DNS server. As you type upon each domain name, the time creditability depends upon on loading of a web page.
You can use open DNS server to speed up browsing activity, lets move on and check out How To Speed Up Windows 8 Web Browsing activity Via Open DNS.
Before that, also check out our post on Windows 8 Restart Explorer Process.
How To Speed Up Windows 8 Web Browsing Activity Via Open DNS:
- Go onto the start screen and type “ncpa.cpl”, now double-click on it.
- Be sure that you login with administrator account to run “ncpa.cpl” in Windows 8.
- Right-click on the current active connection, that you preferably use to connect your PC to internet.
- Select the active connection, right-click and select on properties.
- You will see a Networking Tab, then scroll down and select on “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) version 4”.
- After selecting “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) version 4” and then click on properties.
- You will see a properties screen, Now click on “Use the following DNS server addresses ” radio button.
- Then type “22.214.171.124” for the preferred DNS server and then type “126.96.36.199” in the Alternate DNS server.
- Click on “Ok” that’s it, you are done with it.
If you have to check on more about DNS (Domain Name System), then visit the web page to find out more about DNS. You can even check out the more advanced features on the website.