Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to make Windows 8 apps open in the desktop browser. Windows 8 will roll off the metro version as well as normal version on your desktop.
By-default, the Windows 8 apps get opened in the Web tiles only. The immersive version is the default version that opens the apps in the metro interface and in case you do not want to continue with it, check out the steps below. The steps are for how to makes Windows 8 apps open in the desktop browser.
Personally I was not comfortable with the default format of opening Windows 8 apps. Hence, researched a lot for a good solution. Now, here I am to share the tutorial with you as well.
Follow the steps to change the setting of web tiles open in the Windows 8 metro interface desktop browser.
How To Make Windows 8 Apps Open In The Desktop Browser
- Setting both the versions of Internet Explorer in Windows 8 can be controlled by “Internet option” available on your desktop version.
- Open the Internet option by clicking tool button and choose internet option from the menu
- Now, click on the “Program” tab
- Then, Change the option of “Choose how you open links” to “Always in Internet Explorer on the desktop”.
- Hit on apply, to get changes applied on system
- That’s all, you’re done with it .
Also, check out our post on Windows 8 Partition Manager.
If you are unhappy with metro interface web tiles then, you can refer this tutorial to sum up your configuration.