In response to my last article in which I explained how to disable Windows 8 store, I am once again back with a quick tutorial on how to enable Windows store in Windows 8. I received pretty good responses to my last article, however, some of my readers questioned me back as to how to enable it. Of course, because they might have disabled Windows 8 just for fun or to give it a try.
Microsoft has given nice customizing options for Windows 8 OS. After a quick R&D, I found the steps to enable Windows store in Windows 8.
Lets begin with the tutorial directly –
How To Enable Windows Store In Windows 8:
- Press “Windows Key+R Key” in combination, in order to bring out the run box
- Type “gpedit.msc” and click “Ok”
- Now, look into “User Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components”
- Under “Windows Components”, select Settings for the Windows “Store”
- Under “Store→Settings” column, there is an option to turn off the Store application. Just Double-Click on it.
- Switch “Radio” button from “Enabled” to “Not Configured”, and click on “Apply”
- To take this action into effect, you need to enforce the updated policy. Press “Windows+R Key“ in combination, to open run box.
- Now, in the box, just type “gpupdate /force”, click “OK” once done.
- Once you are done with the above steps, make sure that you do not open the Windows 8 store directly after applying these steps. Yupp…you read it correct. You need to first open and close any other app, then thereafter open the windows 8 store to see the Windows Store back into action.
Do not miss out our post on Best Windows 8 Post selected from the last week’s ones.
Yup…you are done. You have successfully enabled Windows 8 app Store. Go ahead and enable Windows store in Windows 8 now…!